EcoEireann takes privacy very seriously and is committed to the robust protection of your personal data. This Privacy Notice explains the personal data we process, how we process it and for what purposes, and is in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It applies to all EcoEireann’s customers and suppliers.
EcoEireann is a professional consultancy that provides a complete ecological service for development and infrastructure projects across the UK and Ireland. Services include protected species surveys, licensing and mitigation, all ecological assessments, land management, Clerk of Works and GIS mapping.
EcoEireann is registered at CRO (company registration number 908445). Our registered office is Acorn Business Centre, Mahon Industrial Estate, Blackrock, Cork, T12 K7CV.
EcoEireann is a registered branch of EcoNorth Ltd. EcoNorth is registered at Companies House (company registration number 2274277) and the registered office is 11 Enterprise Court, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 1LZ.
EcoNorth is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller. The registration number is ZA481793.
“EcoEireann” or “we” or “us” or “our” means EcoEireann Ltd.
“EcoNorth” means EcoNorth Ltd.
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
“Special category data” means personal data that needs more protection because it is sensitive eg personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs or trade union membership, or data concerning a person’s health, sex life or sexual orientation.
“Data Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
“Data Subject” means an individual on whom data is collected and processed. This can be an organisation’s customers, contractors, suppliers and employees.
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
EcoEireann promises to:
- Process personal data fairly, lawfully and transparently.
- Process personal data for the legitimate purpose for which that personal data was originally collected.
- Only collect personal data that is essential for the fulfilment of that legitimate purpose.
- Retain personal data only when necessary and delete it once its legitimate purpose has been fulfilled.
- Ensure all personal data that is processed is accurate and kept up to date.
- Ensure that robust security measures are in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data.
- Ensure you know how to exercise your rights in relation to personal data.
EcoEireann may collect standard personal data from a variety of sources. This includes:
- Personal data you provide us with directly eg name, address, email address, telephone number, bank and invoice details.
- Personal data we collect automatically through our website eg your IP address.
- Personal data we collect from other sources eg publicly available information such as social media blogs and postings.
EcoEireann will not collect special category data, unless explicit consent has first been received.
EcoEireann may collect, process and disclose your personal data only for specific and legitimate purposes, in order to provide you with our services and operate our business, including:
- Provide you with progress updates.
- Process your payments.
- Respond to customer service requests and support your needs more efficiently.
- Use feedback from you to improve our websites and services.
- Use information in the aggregate to understand how you, as a group, use the services and resources provided on our websites.
- Personalise your experiences.
- Analyse our performance.
- Meet our legal requirements.
EcoEireann will only process personal data where the law allows us to do so, as follows:
- Where it is necessary for performing a contract EcoEireann has entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where, on the rare occasion, it becomes necessary to protect your vital interests.
- Where it is in the public interest.
- Where we have your informed consent.
- Where it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of EcoEireann.
Personal data is processed within the UK and Ireland only. It is shared within EcoEireann, where appropriate, and with our business partners and trusted affiliates where permission has been granted or where we are required to do so by law.
EcoEireann retains personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose for which it is being processed and in line with legal requirements, after which we employ measures to permanently delete it securely or anonymise it when there is no longer a legal or consumer need for it to be retained.
EcoEireann has adopted appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and robust security measures to protect all personal data against unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, disclosure or destruction or accidental loss.
In the unlikely event of a suspected data breach, EcoEireann will notify you and the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) of this event, where we are legally required to do so.
As a Data Subject, you have the following rights with regard to the processing of your personal data:
- The right to ask for information about what personal data is being processed and the rationale for such processing.
- The right to get access to your personal data that is being processed, as well as to request copies of that data.
- The right to rectification ie to ask for modifications to your personal data in the event that your personal data is not up to date or accurate.
- The right to withdraw your previously given consent for the processing of your personal data for a purpose.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to a decision based on automated processing and profiling.
- The right to be forgotten (or the right to erasure) ie the right to ask for your personal data to be deleted.
- The right to data portability ie the right to ask for a transfer of your personal data.
If you have concerns about how EcoEireann processes your personal data, you can make a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) by email to email@example.com or by post to:
11 Enterprise Court
If you wish to complain about how your personal data is being handled, please contact EcoEireann in the first instance so we can investigate, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
11 Enterprise Court
If you still feel that your personal data is not being handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
(Tel: 0044 (0)1625 545 700)
Privacy Notice Review
EcoEireann’s Privacy Notice is reviewed annually, or earlier if there are changes to the processing of personal data or applicable legislation. Any amendments that are made at these times will be posted on our websites.
Date of last review: 14.08.20